Main equipment and shaft that moves other gears and steps piston up and down. The equipment can wear down and will not move the piston or timer. This equipment will work with water softener AND filter valves. This is genuine Fleck part # 13170.
1) Initially, remove "power head" from the valve body. Three screws (one in the Main Equipment, center of Main Piston, and the TWO on either side of Main Piston ), slide forward a little and then up.
2) On the back of power head, remove Brine Camera Equipment.
3) On the front of power head, remove label on the center of the control knob to expose flat head screw below. HOLD THE PRIMARY GEAR in place (don't let it "fall out" the back) while you remove the screw in the center of the control knob on the front.
4) Once the Screw is out, TURN the power head face DOWN, and gradually RAISE the Main Equipment Shaft UP and Out. KEEP IN MIND: Under the Main Equipment you will find TWO small Ball Bearings resting on TWO small springs. IF you have the New Main Equipment Shaft in hand, now would be the best time to move it into the power head. HOLD the brand-new Main Equipment from behind, and put the front knob (and actuator equipment or arm, 24 Hr wheel, etc) back in place (everything only "fits" the proper method ). Screw the knob to the Main Equipment.
** ALIGNMENT **
5) Only "trick" to doing this is the replacement of the Brine Camera Equipment. The "hump" on the Brine Camera Equipment have to be lined up with the "space" in the Main Equipment. This positioning takes place 1/2 turn (180 degrees) from the IN SERV position (or the middle of the Brine Rinse Cycle ). * If you do it properly, you will have the ability to turn the front knob and "run" the power head through ALL the cycles with out it getting STUCK in the middle of the Brine Rinse cycle.
6) Put the Power Head back onto the Valve Body. Change the Three screws. Remember to set the Time of Day on the Front
Replacement gear that moves piston and timer on Fleck 5600 control valve
Works with water softener AND filter valves
Genuine Fleck replacement part# 13170